This is my retail & menial work CV, available online at
You can also download this document in
My Tech CV is at freedom.is/tech
and covers my extensive technological skills - this update version contains a bit of both.
There is also an early video CV, at
Some self-employment roles have overlapped.
- Involvement with RISC OS Developments, helping merge previous
efforts into this one. Also helping with the main Southern exhibitions, and
moving the Southwest Show to a new central Bristol venue. Also a member of
WAUG, manning the charity stand at the SW and London Shows, and various Tech
and Anglo-French trademark contributions. This business community is famous
for Acorn, ARM, the BBC Micro, Siberius, Eidos, the Lara Croft,
character, Raspberry Pi, et al, as well as significant
contributions to & from Apple and Samsung.
- Fiscal Management, self-employed looking after relatives finances.
Considerably increased their income & capital.
- Co-founder of Chippenham Men's Shed and Chippenham Hackspace.
Responsibilities included recruiting initial members. A trustee, also
committee secretary. Some events coordination experience at various venues
around Chippenham including traditional backstage.
- Volunteer remote outworker with Hunch Inc (NYC). Developed the mobile
version of Hunch (not fully-featured before the eBay acquisition) in php,
this under extreme stress via noisy internet cafes and floppy disk-based
- Self-employment at radio & folk festivals, rock video, exhibitions,
seasonal events. Online: freedom.is/BIG
Stopped by extreme sports injury.
- Caretaker at The Weighbridge in Chippenham. Looked after the building,
security, cleaning, efficiency. Also rented an office there.
- 2004, 2006 Betterware
- Set up new depots in 'Bassett, then Chippenham.
Comprehensive, Chippenham, 1982-1988.
O-Levels: Maths, Physics, Robotics, Technology.
- Chippenham Technical
Dip Computer Studies,
- Literate, numerate 80WPM typing (burst speed, perfect accuracy),
20,700WPM reading speed.
- Natural problem-solver. Good at finding out information, and what
things need to be found in the first place, before being asked.
- Cleaning skills, caretakering, and security from looking after a
Hotel, an office, and various other commercial buildings. Sometimes as
side-effects of jobs, often purely as community interest. Very happy doing
menial work - short term rewards relieve stress.
- Customer service/defence skills from working for Betterware, a
home shopping company, over four years in two towns.
- Admin (invoices, accounts, filing, banking, legal awareness) from
also being self-employed (in advertising and IT), a role I intend to continue
in parallel. It will not interfere, and it may help.
- Media experience, from appearing in the Papers and on the box
occasionally, for various things, including local politics with some national
aspects, sponsored events, side-effects of marketing campaigns, stiltwalking
skills, and unpredictable lifestyle coincidences.