My (personal) contact details:
Tel. 07811 550086 (Mobile/Cellphone)
(Overseas +44 7811 550086.)
(Removing the NOSPAM bit first) as a first preference, and allow a week for
This is an uneven mixture of Campaign History and News retired from the
- Prehistory, resolved long ago
(but it doesn't occur to anybody
to tell the police this.)
- Accusations, tedious mucking around.
- Faked Charges.
- Pushing into Court.
- Reluctance of police to go to Court.
You wouldn't think it would be difficult to get the police into
Court, would you? But they kept stalling, and it took months.
- Incarceration without trial.
- Campaign start
(Inside prison, originally tagging onto a subdirectory of my personal
- Deal with police, reason why, Release.
- (Delay, due to problems following
During which time, maintenance to this site:
- Chucking the multipart bits off the main starting page, and turning
it into a proper index/contents page. (Complex parts of Guidelines remain in
- Problems with indenting fixed.
- Another Printing/Display improvement to the logo. The green flash was
intended to be Copper Oxide colour, reminiscent of the Statue of Liberty.
(Done offline, new Contact Cards printed and in circulation,
- Moved to a new, snappier, Internet Address:
Freedoms.4t.com (The old address, now phased out, was
Miracle.s5.com/Freedom .) The move was be completed circa
mid-to-late February 2002AD, delayed by a week by
- Astoundingly expensive, Professional quality Posters printed and posted
- Response to request for leaflets; designed, printed and dished out.
- Discussion Forum split into helpful categories.
- Initial foray made into Urban75's
infamous Bulletin Board area.
- Handing out merchandise in the summer crowds.
- Recovered from "Folk Flu", a virulent disease carried by
Folk Singers. (Last's over two weeks, down to a minor cough after that.)
- Upgraded the Webring.
- The Posters age, and, one by one, are taken down.
There's no phone number on them, and that doesn't help.
- The Webring expands, as a Human Rights Centre in New York joins it,
after a few technical difficulties.
- Rummaging around for opinions in the widely-visited Channel4 Forums
(Channel4 News), disappointingly producing only a morbid interest in my
particular Case. Nonetheless, this was incorporated into the FAQ.
- The Webring Logo vanishes, as a technical hitch is encountered during
a backup attempt; the worst time to come across such a thing.
- The Logo reappears, after sending $15 to an Image Hosting company in
Arizona. An adventure doing this with no credit card.
- A help page for persistent reoccuring problems with the Webring is
- The Home Office publishes the
in Custody statistics for early 2002AD: Wiltshire
constabulary's figures are strangely missing, despite at least one alleged
m*r**r being known to the Freedom Campaign.
There is a charity specialising in Deaths in police Custody, called
- Wiltshire County Council appeals for members of the Public to join
the police Authority board; the
badly-named independent Watchdog body for the police.
They want diverse applications, but just how diverse are they willing to
accept? (Note: This is not an implied accusation of corruption against
the Wiltshire police Authority.)
A week later, still no visits to this site from the police or APA.
Posters in the town centre, a letter to their headquarters, correspondence
with the Home Office directly and by proxy, everyone talking about it, what
do I have to do? Write an advertisment in blood in their HQ reception?!
(Note: This is not a suggestion that any supporters of this Campaign
should write anything in blood anywhere. The Freedom Campaign does not
endorse the writing of advertisment copy in bodily fluids.)
- The police Authority reject my application, though not at first,
and say they have decided not to pass my details on to the Home Office.
- The Server Logs reveal a visit from a secure terminal at the Home Office.
- The following disclaimer containing popularised search terms moved off
the Announcemnts section of the main page:
This Campaign is nothing to do with the Chocolate and Freedom Party,
which is a work of fiction in
TV programme "Bootleg", broadcast
by Burberry and the BBC.
However, by coincidence "Bootleg" raises issues similar to the
both current aggressive behaviour of the police, and wider Civil Liberties
abuses highlighted in the
The Freedom Campaign is not associated with "Bootleg", and takes
no position on any aspect of chocolate.
- Handed out leaflets & cards in the Christmas crowds. (And on the
- Debatable points, eg, do the police do some good as
well? (Do they?)
- Communications Links: Making a serious
start reactivating them.
- A list of all British Bail
Hostels. (Response to search query.)
- List of all British Prisons.
- CSS Added to this site. In other words, more stability across
various machines, prettier bulletted lists, and even better support for
- Posters that were decorating my cell.
- We are currently
exploring possibilities for mutual assistance with
a wider anti-corruption group in the North of England.
(But not now, since half of them ran out on the other half. Local support
remains; their ability to pursue it does not.)
- Mass Webring promotion, from a stable, non-Hotmail address, so as not
to be mistaken for spam.
- Right-wing police forums discovered from info on Urban75, started
posting to. Constructive critisium appears to "offend" the police;
- The local police nick a charity-funded helicopter from the Ambulance
Service and hover it at low level directly over The Freedom Campaign's
headquarters, making the building rattle and strengthening the Campaign's
Case, if not the roof (which happily was reinforced last summer).
If pigs can fly....
- Offline & local activities are ascending into a frenzy of activity,
and we will shortly (late Spring) be appealing for local (Chippenham/Swindon)
volunteers again (he says, before the current ruffle with the funding).
- The Home Office has updated it's list of Closed
Prisons, and our more accessible page has also been updated.
Our definitions [page] of Corruption has also
- All bits relating to the previous Discussion Forum redirected to the
- Additional funding appears on the horizon (ie, I land a Job).
It'll be about a month before I fill in all the poverty holes in my budget
and can start spending on the Campaign, though.
- Two weeks in, I discover my new job pays a basic rate of £1.75/Hr,
and start looking for another.
- Several weeks later, I receive a payment of £140.00 (still not the
full amount I am due) and I put that toward site upgrades for the Campaign.
- New Funding appeared on the horizon (and then ran away again and hid
behind a tree), as I struggled with potential employers, loans, Trusts, and
- The Discussion Forum has underwent revision (again).
The debris from tests was tidied-up.
- The older Summaries structure merged into the Forum.
- I engaged in dialogue with off-duty police through various right-wing
- An instant-feedback area was added to the main page.
- The Bank Holiday 2003AD:
Chippenham grows over Christmas, when locals come back, and the
end-of-May Bank Holiday, where locals leave, and visitors arrive. Because of
the publicity-opportunity and discussion that takes place over this period,
the announcements were rather-messily extended into a bulletin.
The Freedom Campaign is not associated with the
Folk Festival; posters that you see
are just there because of the massive crowds.
Posters went up, mostly, in shop windows this year. (The same prints as
last year, although Bigger.)
Problem discovered relating to the expense of digital prints and
popular windows rotating their posters so that none remain up for
more than three days in some cases. So in future, new posters to be
colour-photocopied from remaining digital prints, and more shops to be
targeted, especially those able to display for extended periods.
It took until SUNd~22/6/2003AD to remove
The Bank Holiday announcments. (I'm rushed off my little furry feet here.)
- The Chesnut Tree Café, which is not a café, and contains
no trees or Chesnuts, joins the Webring.
- The police phone back in reply to an email to the Ambulance-Service part
of that helicopter thingy.
Funding related, not reply-able until Monday.
pop-up and banner advertising removed from the site
the Webring (late TUEs~24/6/2003AD)!
- Start of October 2003AD:
Site seemed to have frozen in the updates department, but this was in
fact due to me being struck down with a jaw infection that required hospital
treatment, just as I was preparing a big update. Announcement made in
Comments Box when out of the GWH, which was all I could manage at
I expected to be recovered in early October, and the updates to hit the site
late October, which is roughly what happened.
- Mid-March 2004AD, and maybe some earlier:
- Good News for Independent Decisions as the
PCA has been superseded by the
Long overdue. (policethepolice.org successfully lobbied for it last
Meanwhile, is SOCA set to become the
Government's new political football in the national policing game?
(SOCA is being formed as part of the Police Reform Act to combine the
previous multi-agency approach to coordinated [or not] national-level
- Meanwhile in this Campaign, we're all out fundraising, researching, and
- Comprehensive offline tests affecting the structure of this site, and
accessibility in the List of Closed Prisons are nearer completion, and will
be implemented when the fundraising wind's down.
(An update from the Home Office about Prisons was expected in December, but
they put it out early in October, and I noticed late, so the backlog
- ALERT! The email
address incertia@hotNOSPAMmail.com is now being monitored by the local
police, so it can not longer be regarded as secure. Hence it is also
available for all your messages of police abuse. (Remembering to post from an
anonymous address.) I just hope they're enjoying my junkmail as much as I am.
emailing via other addresses will be switched about as necessary to maintain
- A big "Cheers Guys" to all the people who have stopped me
[Rob'] in the street last summer and expressed their Support for the
- Snappier main page in alpha-test, for the curious (test over). A rollover
test, for the even more curious (also over). (The full page is now available
as the Forums Index.)
- We have reopened possibilities for mutual assistance with
www.swindonboroughcouncil.com (a site aimed at promoting moral and ethical standards within
- Webring: Dublin's Gemini Club.
- The Discussion Forum has been revised.
The older Summaries structure is now merged into the Forum.
- Thank you to all the shops in Chippenham town centre and Bath city centre
who allowed or requested Posters in their windows during May 2003AD.
- This Campaign is
soaring. Posters have run out from surprise demand (more "soon"),
and people are asking to join. A draft structure is in
place to facilitate this.
- Old News from before June 2004AD:
- We are mutually assisting
- There's a new group fighting police brutality in London:
'Seem's to be primarily a News service.
- Some new structure added to this site, summarising introductory
content and allowing you to expand content where you choose.
Thank you for all your comments: We will reply fully as soon as possible.
Investigator assaulted in her own home infront of her children by
Merseyside police, takes them to Court.
- Information: The police are the only organisation you can get legal aid
to sue, which show's you what the legal profession think of the police.
The IPCC is now
operational, with new powers against the police.
- We have been sent a copy of The Phoenix Report,
detailing persecution in Swindon.
- Tell us what you think of this site!
Better than reciprocal links, you can join the first and only UK
and easier to get on than iCan: Making it easier for people to find Civ Lib
- We are mutually assisting
Parents 4 Protest.
P4P are fighting problems with the Family Courts denying access rights for
- Most of the 'Campaign will be down at Avebury for the Solstice;
it's just been pointed out to me that's kicking off on our doorstep. What
could be more relevant?
There might be free parking left over on Marlborough Common from the
police's hypocrisy over the 800th anniversary, but don't rely on it.
Bus service 6
(01722 336855 for timetable info) runs every two hours between Avebury and
- There was a slight problem at Avebury:
We lost track of ourselves.
It would appear that each of the three key people going there hit individual
disasters. Troy is still missing, presumed stoned; if anyone finds him,
please get in touch.
- News: The Pub where bits of the Campaign met most often at various times
has suddenly been taken over. "Porter Blacks is Dead: Long Live
Porter Blacks!" (This isn't a disaster as such though; all
concerned are going on in bigger and brighter ways, but it is a bit of a
wrench, particularly for the Pub's staff, who find themselves forceably
sliced away from their management.)
- Thanks to Óglaigh na
hÉireann for updated information on military custody.
- Big Funding has arrived! (One of the Campaign Workers has got a better
- Was called "Just Done", but quite clearly wasn't, and is now
totally out of just-done-date: (Date range unclear.)
- Infailible Discussion Forum, unusually hosted on the local 'Server.
- Feedback input to the Forums direct from the main page.
- Just looked at this Diary and thought that I ought to revise it a bit
more often... (Routinely-done now.) [Ha!]
- Blocks page added & linked-in, as part of the site-wide structural
- Misc. older points: (Date range also unclear)
- (Fleeting) contact with
merseysidepolice.com, whom are
in the process of joining the Webring. (?)
- Attempts made to contact
PRAG, a group
highlighting parking charge scams in Canterbury; their site has moved but
they are difficult to contact; attempts continue.
- Contact with P4P, who did join [the Webring].
- The remains of the old externally-hosted Discussion Board on /talk,
removed to Digests of Comments and Questions, among with related links.
- Various concentrations of information on the main page: There is too much
diverse info there presently, and confusing other was removed to specific
subpages. A complex rollover was be added also, bringing the /talk page, or
rather an include of it (echoing itself back on the old /talk page) into the
new main page layout. A draft
Rollover of this sort was under tests. Concept versions of smaller main
pages were trialed offline also.
- Standard bits added to all pages to allow switching of textsize &
columns, and navigation aids across pages. The first page with controls for
these features was the Prisons List, both because it is the most visited, and
because it previously had single-page switchable navigation aids.
- Search boxes added to the majority of pages, along with a new Advanced
Search enquires quadruple overnight, so this was
a good idea.
- Extra checking for broken links ("triple-both" external,
internal, and errors of the site search engine).
- An unbelievably long list of upgrades to the Search Directory, and
also an automatic submission form.
- Er, putting the items hastily labeled "now done" in the right
- Old News from the end of 2004AD:
- And so another nutty year draw's to a close. Another month, another
armed siege; once again the only people
who really had guns were the police camped out on the pavement terrorising
the town's citizens as usual.
- 'Massive load of updates put in, previously constantly interrupted by
- CGI Access arrived early, in November 2004AD!!
- New helpful highlighting when returning to the Expanded Contents is
coming online. The Prisons Reference has been
heavily revised again.
- The Prison Service has declined to comment on whether the "HMP" prisons names
will change when it merges with the NPS to form the NOMS.
- Avebury has been entirely dropped for the time being, due to logistical
- The author of The Phoenix Report, detailing
persecution in Swindon, has taken the authorities concerned to Court.
- Old News and events from over 2005AD:
- The first long-distance convert speed cameras were switched on 13th
April 2005AD on the M4 by Chippenham bandits, Imean
police: Persecuting hapless motorists on
a road purpose-built for high speed.
- We didn't hear any more from
Shine about the Sky One
documentary they wanted out help with, before their deadline, so it's safe to
assume that's not happening anymore.
have brought a new Top-Level Domain (freedom.is).
Shortly, bits of it may be
available for sub-letting. We are in the process
of transferring to this address.
- Old News about parking:
Derision has been voiced over the shots of police breaking traffic laws.
Is this trivial?
The IPCC say falling police driving
standards have contributed to the number of fatal crashes involving
police cars quadrupling in the last eight years.
If we have to have laws, they should apply equally to all.
If we have to have police, they should make things better, not worse.
- Anyone can legally double-park in an emergency. That doesn't mean all
the police there are doing that.
- There are too many double yellow lines around. It would not be surprising
if there are some in a car park somewhere.
(But not when or where; incase the police and other criminals start
watching this site.)
Points that are generally ongoing most of the time:
- Campaign Expansion.
- I am (still) hurrying to include the latest round of feedback:
- What I am doing to further this? (Right now, typing this (though
clearly not fast enough)), and dishing out little Contact Cards in Pubs,
raising points back to this site.
- Publicity Drive:
- Contacting more similar sites.
- Putting up more Posters, more visibly (ie, front windows of Cafés
rather than back walls of Pubs), once I have a phone number to put on
them, and money to fund the phone line.
- Expanding the Webring further, and helping existing membergroups
with any problems.
- Rummaging around in more discussion forums for opinions, Experiences
- Getting Letters ready to send out in relation to the Webring;
substantally delayed because many email-replies responded positively after a
few week's pause.
(Delayed further by funding hiccups and further further delayed by
waiting for site upgrades.)
- Just Done:
(See also the latest changes in the domain
- Brought a new top-level domain: freedom.is
Tests ongoing for the new site on a freedom.is domain.
- Upgraded pages on the old site ready for changeover to the new one,
which involved replacing much ISML with file-compatible php.
faster, and making them even more accessible.
instead of a proper type=submit control, which meant that older and
alternative Browsers could not use them, and that pressing <Enter> on
them would not submit the form. The upgrades fixed that too.
- CSS Upgraded where necessary, so that pages would display correctly
when it was switched off.
- Use of the IPCC and FOI actually made, releasing the stack of actions
to take, although sticking to the principle that only one complaint/request
can be pursued at a time, and so starting with the most serious.
A side-effect of this was the discovery that not only the complaints dept.,
but also the FOI dept, were located in the local [Chippenham] station of
- Coming up next:
(Also Cf. the Coming
Up [support] page.)
- To add controls for the new features, and more actual navaids, columns,
and Contents Lists to more pages. (Important ones done.)
- To add LINK elements to all pages (eventually). (Major pages serviced.)
- Contacting some interested parties.
- Another round of Posters, these ones using the new domain name and
a new (for us) method of publicity.
- Planned for later on:
- An 070 phone line is [was] planned "soon", to enable people
without internet access to contribute to the new forums.
- More Posters will go up later, eventually with the new phone number on,
and hopefully a snappier Domain Name, in time. (Domain got, number not.)
- Gathering-up of previous research feedback, and adding to the
digested/summarised texts now within the new Forums. (Partly done.)
- Comparisons between Bail Hostels and
Channel 4's Big Brother.
- Comparisons between imprisonment and the police in general, with BBC2's
- Building up a list of safe (ie, uninhabited) [physical] sites to meet
"dangerous" (violent) criminals that support the police; thus
avoiding bringing unseemly violence to Pubs.
- Groundwork to check people (supporters and unrecognised victims) are
still alive, groundwork to [indirectly] watch the more despicable activities
of the police.
- Perhaps some kind of public survey or event; future, future.
More probably, a mass leafleting run in a public area; this happened
December 2001AD, and produced many willing
transient leafleting volunteers (Cheers).
- The sell of directories from the new domain name; defered until the tax
position is clearer. There are other potential problems: If the Campaign
start's making money from it, where does that leave our non-profit status?
If we're not definable as a charity under the increasingly-complex rules,
where does that leave our inability to operate as a traditional business
(which we're not)?
So until then, any directories will either be for Campaign use, use of
Members of the Campaign, or as temporary unpaid gifts.
In other words, hardly any decently-named ones will be used until subletting
More interactivity (DISCUSSION LIST ONLINE).
Again! Technical difficulties surmounted!! AGAIN!! Utterly improved.
Try also a
Forum ALSO NOW ONLINE, next to add a forum of my own in
groups.google.com), as requested.
currently only email
and the Mobile +44 (0)7811 550086.
Postal mail is better, right
- police Corruption: Is This Still a Free Country?
- Good question.
- So what exactly did you do [to deserve this police action]?
- I didn't. The police started the action, partly prompted by various tiny
outside parties consisting of idiots with power.
- What were you Charged with?
- Harassment, as in stalking. (Which is ridiculous and particularly
hypocritical coming from the police.)
- So why did the lady in question make that Charge if you're friends
- She didn't. The police did. The lady in question strongly disagrees with
and has on occasion publicly protested against these charges which the
police claim she is making. (These claims crumbled under scrutiny at one of
the police's own Interviews, however.)
- Why is this site seemingly not updated for ages, then by a huge lump
all in one go?
- Please bear in mind that this site is being RAPIDLY updated following my
Release from prison, both offline at home, and online in a (recently
installed of heating) intercafé by a railway station; that doubles
both as a crèche and a noisy meeting-house. Also please bear in mind
that as I
write type these words I have other things to do as well,
and, as things now really start to take off, I am being deluged by material
that I have only just (very luckily) installed the tools and procedure to
- I notice some parts of the document structure are empty.
Why is this?
- A Note from The Past:
Due to limited computer access at the Bail Hostel, this page is
in a "lumpy" form, and will be revised once my freedoms have
swapped around again. Probably November
2001AD. ('Turned out to be early December.)
It's not easy publishing a website from prison, so I trust you'll understand
this site being a little rough round the edges. The content's rushed in here,
that's the main thing.
Please note: There is morbid interest in my Case in particular. If you
are morbidly interested in this, or you find yourself criminalised as a
victim of crime, there is now a sub-FAQ just for
The Lacking Lexicon:
What the police say....
...and what they mean
- We don't want this to go to Court because we don't want you to get a
- We don't want this to go to Court because we don't have any evidence.
- I'm going home to get my bayonet.
- I'm going home to hide behind the sofa.
(Okay, that's a from a Biker.)
You can Print out some Contact Cards, if you like,
and dish them out to your unsuspecting friends.
police Corruption: Is this still A Free Country?|
Support the Freedom Campaign at freedom.is !
To link to us using this Button, insert the following code into your page,
and copy the file "freedoms.gif" onto your site. This is illustrated in the
file button.htm .
The Freedom Campaign is a founder member (the other founder member being
Westview) of the Small Crusaders
Submit your application to
(if you run a UK Civ Lib website).
<!-- Freedom site Button -->
src="freedoms.gif" border=0 width=182
align=absmiddle align=left alt="Depiction of the abuse of given
power, against Justice and Liberty." title="The figure of Justice
Liberty, with the blindfold of impartiality, the Scales of
the Sword of given Power, stolen and run through her;
representing the abuse
New Roman,Times,serif" size="+1">
Corruption: Is this still A Free Country?</B><BR>
Freedom Campaign at freedom.is
<!-- Best viewed with Times Roman.
Green flash should appear and -->
<!-- print, light and right.
<!-- End of Button -->
We maintain a Search Directory of mainly-UK
Civil Liberties and other Protest/Campaign Groups.
Submit your application for an
Please include your group name, address, Tel./Fax. numbers,
description of what it is you are/do/offer, URL, email, and URL of
where a logo may be found.
An automatic Form is now availble.
While away the time with a themed game.
Try Feed The pig.
("Feed the pig until he explodes.").
Back to expanded-contents page.